We recommend 5 to 6 lines of "CAMEO" on posts spaced 8 feet apart. An alternative is 2 or 3 lines of "CAMEO" in combination with 1 or 2 electric lines. Our white electric lines look like another line of "CAMEO" from a distance, providing a neat looking fence. The result is a fence that is always working, it has the strength to contain your horses and the electric to teach them to respect the fence. Use one of our electric lines for safety and sight line. See installation instructions.
An electrified fence will reduce the overall number of posts and "CAMEO" lines needed.
Using "CAMEO" in combination with an electrified line, posts can be spaced 12 to 16 feet apart. Insulators hold lines on your choice of line post: wood, metal t-posts, vinyl t-post sleeves, Sunguard Posts or vinyl posts. Using our 2 or 3 inch round vinyl line post eliminates the need for insulators. Just feed the line through the pre-drilled holes.
End and corner posts
Wood end and corner posts should be 5 to 6 inches in diameter and 8 feet long. Always use good quality treated wood. Knee bracing is recommended. As seen in the picture above.
Our 5½ inch round vinyl end and corner post systems provide a great alternative to wood. Mule End and Corner Posts are also an option.
• "CAMEO" is held at the end posts using a one-way vise.
• Drill the end post with a 9/16 inch drill bit.
• Push the "CAMEO" through.
• Slip on the one-way vise.
The jaw system automatically grips the "CAMEO" line, preventing the line from going back.
Pull "CAMEO" hand tight through the one-way vise at the end posts. Then pull an additional 2% of the line through the one-way vise. This assures proper tension on the line. Using the one-way vise eliminates the need for a tensioning tool. It is not necessary to stop and start at every corner, go around the corner to the end post. Note: To eliminate the drilling of end posts you can use gripples at both ends but you need a gripple tensioning tool to pull the correct tension. Example: 400 feet of line, pull an additional 8 feet through the one-way vise.
Setting Up Maxi-Grunt and Charger:
***NOTE: these instructions suit our Cyclops A/C Charger, if you purchased a different charger, refer it's instructions for connections as well.
Find a dry location to mount your charger. Do not plug charger in until everything else is complete.
1. Attach underground wire to black knob on Cyclops Charger and run down to the three Ground rods, each spaced 6'-10' apart.
2. Remove a small section of plastic wire coating from the Underground Wire and attach to each ground rod using Ground Rod Clamps.
3. Attach a second piece of underground wire to red knob on charger. Run this wire to Maxi-Grunt (removing a small section of plastic wire coating) at each hot line of your fence. Affix to Maxi-Grunt with U-Clamps.
4. Assure all connections are tight.
5. Plug charger into a 110v outlet.
***Our brochure provides a simple image of what this set up looks like. Click here to view the brochure!